Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2016

SPIRITUAL SPITFIRE



Someone just “baited” me on Facebook by inquiring about my books. He then engaged me in a brief philosophical dialogue before laying into me, saying I could not be both “spiritual” and a “spitfire”.  He told me I needed a shrink before blocking me. 

It is this very dichotomy that I am most proud of.  It is because I’m a woman of “god” that I am so concerned about the state of affairs on my planet, and specifically in the political arena of the United States at this time.  I am a “virtual” Joan of Arc, if you will.   Yes, I curse.  I drink wine on occasion.  I am by nature fiery and passionate, especially where injustice is concerned.  While I get angry, I do not hold on to it, nor do I lash out with rancor.  I take action.

There are millions of us Joans out there, both men and women. While my battles are “virtual” they are nonetheless very real, as the Internet is our new battleground.  Words, images and ideas are my weapons.   I provoke people to think, to step out of complacency.   I am a rebel and rabble rouser, here to shake up the status quo and to incite others to action.

There are those who go to church service but do not help out with the soup kitchen, people who wear crosses but are not kind.  There are those with no belief in Spirit who nonetheless are compassionate and do great, good works for others.  We know people by their actions, not their words.  This applies in extremis to our politicians today, whose words and deeds are as far apart as the North Pole is from Hades.  These degenerate tyrants deceive with every word they speak.  Their covert actions drain the people and poison the planet in order to line their pockets with yet more gold. They grasp greedily for more “power” but their hunger is insatiable for they are true addicts.

Make no mistake, this IS a revolution.  It is a GREEN one, as I have dubbed it.  A fight for Mother Earth, for her people, her animals, clean air, land and water for all. A fight for freedom of speech, the right to live happily and well.  It is a Second American Revolution.

It is because I give a damn about Creation that I fight for it, for Mother Earth, for all her children.  When you’re up against lying, deceitful, thieving tyrants who are oppressing people and polluting the land, all bets are off.  Being political and outspoken in times like this is the spiritual thing to do. I am a Spiritual Spitfire and proud of it.   Power to the People.  Jill Stein, Ajamu Baraka and GREEN REVOLUTION.

© Valerie Gilbert 2016 All Rights Reserved.

Valerie is the author of RAVING VIOLET, MEMORIES, DREAMS AND DEFLECTIONS, SWAMI SOUP and BRILLIANCE BREWING. The books are available in print, e-book, and audio, narrated by the author.

Valerie leads psychic development/guided meditation/past life regression/personal growth workshops in New York City, and privately.  A healer, psychic, medium, and channel, you may book private sessions through her website.

For more information on Valerie's full line-up: 


6 comments:

  1. Wow, Val, you are most passionate about what is happening. Can you expect anything more from GREEN? They are all run by the same people. Everyone seems to have an agenda. Convince me, my friend, to see that my 'vote' can make the difference. As you know, I live in California. We are a Democratic state. My votes hardly is a peep. Wouldn't it be better to move from the collegiate vote and let the people of the whole vote their heart? Love to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Eileen! There is no evidence at all that the GREEN party is corrupt or has anything to do with the Oligarchy (did you read my last piece, GREEN SPACE? It goes into great detail on the subject) The GREEN party is a grass roots movement endorsed by the Dalai Lama himself. It is because Jill Stein and Ajamu Baraka are not seasoned politicians that I trust them. They are plain speakers, just like Harry Truman was. Energetically speaking, casting a vote for a cause you truly believe in, as I do with the Greens and Jill Stein specifically, is what native peoples call "an act of power". It has power beyond the act itself. Voting blue because you're afraid of red or because you believe your vote doesn’t count is behavior based on fear. I believe that every vote cast for GREEN tells "the powers that were" that their little game is up. Their veneer is already starting to crack, as evidenced by their desperate behavior. Most people are toeing the line out of herd mentality, not because they are passionate about the candidates, who in my estimation, are not only clowns, but dangerous ones. There are many, MANY people breaking out of the box at this time. You will not be alone if you venture into the green pool. At any rate, take a look at GREEN SPACE below, and then tell me if you have any more questions. In a way, the ending, in which I reference Dr. Seuss, is the most powerful. Thank you for reading, and questioning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meeting you personally I do agree you are a spiritual spitfire and that is great. Like you I do not agree with people who speak the big words and don't do anything. I've met people like the one who blocked you and they run when they are met with somebody like you or me, 'spiritual spitfires' that do not back down. Just keep doing what you are doing and I wish there were more people like you, maybe the world wouldn't be where it is today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! It is because strong people (particularly women these days) are standing up for what is right, protecting life, celebrating life, and elevating the importance of compassion that the world IS changing. These are exciting times. The time is ripe for the empowerment and liberation of human beings when they claim it. This is the era of personal power. People must actualize their own sovereignty. No one will do it for us, or save us, but ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reread your blog. It is as true as when I read it in 2016. I am aware of Mother Earth even more than I was then. It's because of people like you who tell it like it is. Hugs and love, Valerie.

    ReplyDelete